In this article, we list the best and cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting provider in Europe according to our years of hosting review experience. We select them according to their strength in aspects like reliability, price, performance, customer review and other more.
Best & Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting in Europe
- $wgSend404Code now affects status code of action=history if the page is not there.
- BREAKING CHANGE: $wgHTTPProxy is now *required* for all external requests made by MediaWiki via a proxy. Relying on the http_proxy environment variable is no longer supported.
- The load.php entry point now enforces the existing policy of not allowing access to session data, which includes the session user and the session user’s language. If such access is attempted, an exception will be thrown.
- The number of internal PBKDF2 iterations used to derive the session secret is configurable via $wgSessionPbkdf2Iterations.
- Upload dialog’s file upload log comment can now be configured separately for local and foreign uploads.
- $wgForeignUploadTargets now defaults to
[ 'local' ], where
'local'signifies local uploads. A value of
(empty array) now means that no upload targets are allowed, effectively disabling the upload dialog.
- The deprecated $wgEditEncoding variable has been removed; it was only used for Esperanto language character conversion. You are now recommended to use input methods provided by the UniversalLanguageSelector extension.
- When $wgPingback is true, MediaWiki will periodically ping https://www.mediawiki.org/beacon with basic information about the local MediaWiki installation. This data includes, for example, the type of system, PHP version, and chosen database backend. This behavior is off by default.
- When $wgEditSubmitButtonLabelPublish is true, MediaWiki will label the button to store-to-database-and-show-to-others as “Publish page”/”Publish changes”; if false, the default, they will be “Save page”/”Save changes”.
- The ‘editcontentmodel’ permission is now granted to all logged-in users (‘user’). instead of just administrators (‘sysop’). Documentation for this feature is available at Help:ChangeContentModel.
- $wgRevisionCacheExpiry is now set to one week by default instead of being disabled.
- Magic links are now disabled by default, and can be re-enabled by modifying the value of $wgEnableMagicLinks. Their usage is discouraged, but if they are manually enabled, a tracking category will be added to help identify usage and make it easier to migrate away from. If you depend upon magic link functionality, it is requested that you comment on Requests for comment/Future of magic links and explain your use case(s).
- New config variable $wgCSPFalsePositiveUrls to control what URLs to ignore in upcoming Content-Security-Policy feature’s reporting.
New features in 1.28
- User::isBot() method for checking if an account is a bot role account.
- Added a new ‘slideshow’ mode for galleries.
- Added a new hook, ‘UserIsBot’, to aid in determining if a user is a bot.
- Added a new hook, ‘ApiMakeParserOptions’, to allow extensions to better interact with API parsing.
- Added a new hook, ‘UploadVerifyUpload’, which can be used to reject a file upload. Unlike ‘UploadVerifyFile’ it provides information about upload comment and the file description page, but does not run for uploads to stash.
- (T141604) Extensions can now provide a better error message when their maintenance scripts are run without the extension being installed.
- (T8948) Numeric sorting in categories is now supported by setting $wgCategoryCollation to ‘uca-default-u-kn’ or ‘uca-<langcode>-u-kn’. If you can’t use UCA collations, a ‘numeric’ collation is also available. If migrating from another collation, you will need to run the updateCollation.php maintenance script.
- Two new codes have been added to #time parser function: “xit” for days in current month, and “xiz” for days passed in the year, both in Iranian calendar.
- mw.Api has a new option, useUS, to use U+001F (Unit Separator) when appropriate for sending multi-valued parameters. This defaults to true when the mw.Api instance seems to be for the local wiki.
- After a client performs an action which alters a database that has replica databases, MediaWiki will wait for the replica databases to synchronize with the master database while it renders the HTML output. However, if the output is a redirect to another wiki on the wiki farm with a different domain, MediaWiki will instead alter the redirect URL to include a ?cpPosTime parameter that triggers the database synchronization when the URL is followed by the client. The same-domain case uses a new cpPosTime cookie.
- Added new hooks, ‘ApiQueryBaseBeforeQuery’, ‘ApiQueryBaseAfterQuery’, and ‘ApiQueryBaseProcessRow’, to make it easier for extensions to add ‘prop’ and ‘show’ parameters to existing API query modules.
Best & Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting Europe
Definitely, price is important, however if a cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting in Europe doesn’t include enough features, or its slow or the service is not accessible frequently, then it would be a disaster for website owners. So, one of the most important things when choosing a good MediaWiki hosting is the feature and reliability.
Besides rich features, HostForLIFEASP.NET leverage state-of-art data centers in both Amsterdam, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Chennai (India), Brazil, USA and Canada to ensure its customers can experience fast MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting. Its datacenters are equipped with the top equipment like cooling system, fire detection, high speed Internet connection, and so on. Their web server are all branded server with at least 16 GB RAM, and Fast SSD storage. All above make HostForLIFEASP.NET confident to guarantee a 99.9% uptime for its customers. HostForLIFEASP.NET engineers do regular maintenance and monitoring works to assure its MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting are security and always up.
HostForLIFE MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting Europe comes with Classic, Budget, Economy and Business packages, and the prices start from €3.00/month until €11.00/month. Moreover, if there is anything wrong, customers can cancel the service, and ask their full money within the first 30 days, according to HostForLIFEASP.NET’s 30 Days Money Back Guarantee.
HostForLIFEASP.NET is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Hosting in European Continent. Their service is ranked the highest top #1 spot in several European countries, such as: Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK,Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and many top European countries.
Switch Levels Free of Charge!
If you find that your website is outgrowing your hosting plan, don’t worry! HostForLIFE make it simple to switch from one plan to another, so you can choose the plan that’s right for you and your website – if you need a hand, their support team will even advise you on which plan will suit you best.
The Best Account Management Tools
HostForLIFE revolutionized hosting with Plesk Control Panel, a Web-based interface that provides customers with 24×7 access to their server and site configuration tools. Some other hosting providers manually execute configuration requests, which can take days. Plesk completes requests in seconds. It is included free with each hosting account. Renowned for its comprehensive functionality – beyond other hosting control panels – and ease of use, Plesk Control Panel is available only to HostForLIFE’s customers.
Excellent Team Support
HostForLIFEASP.NET engineers are all experienced MediaWiki 1.28.0 developers and their founders are Microsoft ex-employees, which means they could offer very MediaWiki 1.28.0 friendly customer support to their customers, and would like to help resolving all the hosting related to your website, even the issues might be caused by your asp.net scripts. They hired an army of the very best technicians, managers and web hosting gurus. That means clear, professional support, fast. Their team are standing by to respond to your queries around the clock, big or small, and they’ll be there for you – 24×7, 365 days a year. You can contact them via all standard communication channels – by e-mail, through the ticketing system, or via an online form – should you have any pre-sales questions.
HostForLIFEASP.NET is the Best and Cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 Hosting Europe
HostForLIFEASP.NET provides one of the best and cheap MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting in the industry for its affordable price, rich feature, professional customer support, and high reliability. It’s highly recommended for MediaWiki 1.28.0 developers, business owners and anyone who plan to build a web site based on MediaWiki 1.28.0. To know more about HostForLIFEASP.NET or its MediaWiki 1.28.0 hosting in Europe, please visit http://HostForLIFEASP.NET/, and get an MediaWiki 1.28.0 website started at only per €3.00/month.