As numerous webmasters are wondering about whether ASPHostDirectory is an advisable choice for shared hosting, our editors have done an in-depth review based on its features, price, uptime, page loading speed and customers service. We do believe that when finishing reading, they can have an overall impression about this company and its service. Established in 2008, ASPHostDirectory strives to catch up with some reputable hosting providers. In recent years, it is true that this company has made great progress especially in technology.
Beginning with 8.2.3, packaged Drupal releases no longer contain development PHP libraries. See Drupal 8 will no longer include dev dependencies in release packages for more information. See core/UPDATE.txt in the Drupal download for full instructions on how to update.
There are no known regressions in this release.
Updating from versions older than 8.3.0
We’ve received reports of the following issues with the 8.3.0 release that may affect those updating from older versions of Drupal 8:
- A few sites have reported #2869449: PluginNotFound exception after update to Drupal 8.3 where the plugin name mentioned in the exception may vary. Administrators of affected sites should check the issue queues of contributed modules in use. Comment on #2869449 if necessary.
- Sites that have the HAL module enabled and are upgrading from 8.1.x have encountered #2867444: Configuration schema errors whilst updating to 8.3.0. Possible workarounds include updating to 8.2.7 first and then to 8.3.0, or (for sites using Drush) updating to Drush 8.1.10. (Note that 8.1.x has been end-of-life since September 2016, so we generally do not provide full support for updates that skip minor releases.)
File usage tracking causes unexpected file deletion
Drupal 8 currently has a number of known issues related to incorrect tracking of file usage, which can result in files being unexpectedly deleted from a site. Site owners experiencing unexplained file loss should consider setting “Delete orphaned files” to “Never” on
/admin/config/media/file-system until these issues are resolved, and note the following issues:
- #2801777: Give users the option to prevent Drupal from automatically marking unused files as temporary
- #2708411: File usage not incremented when adding new translation
- #1239558: Deleting a node with revisions does not release file usage
- #2810355: Images lost when changing node language
- #2884025: Uploading a managed file on a custom form that allows multiple files also triggers the remove button which results in a duplicate temporary record and results in the file being deleted
Search the issue queue for all known issues.
Changes since 8.3.5:
- #2896960 by tedbow, Wim Leers: Updated inline docs for data-off-canvas-main-canvas in twig template
- #2897306 by Wim Leers, tedbow: Remove dead CSS
- #2891911 by vaplas: Random fail in Drupal\Tests\locale\Functional\LocaleTranslationUiTest::testStringTranslation
- #2897576 by Lendude, Ismaels: Resaving a view display results in deletion of view display
- #2879512 by bkosborne: Path aliases can be forgotten after a cache rebuild due to race condition in CacheCollector
- Revert “Issue #2891911 by vaplas: Random fail in Drupal\Tests\locale\Functional\LocaleTranslationUiTest::testStringTranslation”
- #2894427 by yoroy, tedbow, Wim Leers: White toolbar background when in edit mode is distracting and not pretty
- #2896143 by tedbow, Wim Leers, DyanneNova: Unintentional animation of the body while Settings Tray is installed
- #2896063 by timmillwood, Sam152: Add a workflows.module component to drupal issue queue and MAINTAINERS.txt
- Revert “Issue #2801777 by Berdir, Wim Leers, Pol, alexpott, dawehner, Jo Fitzgerald, Munavijayalakshmi, poornima.n, ifrik, Bojhan, catch: Prevent drupal from deleting temporary files”
- #2801777 by Berdir, Wim Leers, Pol, alexpott, dawehner, Jo Fitzgerald, Munavijayalakshmi, poornima.n, ifrik, Bojhan, catch: Prevent drupal from deleting temporary files
- #2892469 by shashikant_chauhan: deprecation notice for entity_get_form_display() is badly formatted and doens’t display properly on api site
- #2541228 by amateescu, g089h515r806, Berdir, pawel_r: FieldConfigBase::setPropertyConstraints() and addPropertyConstraints() are broken
- #2882729 by tedbow, tim.plunkett, Bojhan: In off-canvas block form hide Title input unless it will be displayed and change label to Block Title
- Removing Larry Garfield from technical leadership positions.
- Revert “Issue #2892942 by Chi: Contextual links support options but not use them to generate links”
- #2892942 by Chi: Contextual links support options but not use them to generate links
- #2893371 by Mile23: Several methods theoretically added to TestInfoParsingTest were actually not
- #2891784 by FeyP: Use correct class name for EventDispatcherInterface in Events API documentation
- #2873782 by Jo Fitzgerald, Dinesh18, vrwired: Add Change record to @deprecated for MigrateCckFieldPluginManagerInterface
In order to give our readers a clear impression of the company, we have collected some feedbacks from its customers in the real world, and brought out an overall rating as below including the reputation, features, speed, reliability, support, and price:
EXTRA Promo 35% OFF : Best Drupal 8.3.6 Hosting in UK
ASPHostDirectory.com is the best UK Windows Hosting provider that offers the most affordable world class windows hosting solutions for our customers. They provide shared, reseller, cloud, and dedicated web hosting. ASPHostDirectory has 4 shared web hosting packages named Starter, Economy, Developer and Enterprise. The original price of these 2 hosting plans is starting at £2.99/month, £5.99/month, £8.99/month and £16.99/month. In order to help customers to save more money, this company offers a special promo, which reduces the price down to £1.94/month, £3.89/month, £5.84/month and $£11.04/month.
Besides price, money back guarantee is another concern of customers. This company promises a 30-day money back. However, the money paid for domain name registrations, transfers and renewals are not qualified for the refund policy, which poses risks for customers who have subscribed its packages.
The company guarantees 99.9% uptime for all of their hosted websites, which is almost 100% in the real world as we tested. What makes this company achieve such excellent hosting reliability is the utilization of the most robust web servers coming with the world-class specifications instead of some low-quality ones with cheap pricing. Under this circumstance, customers can enjoy running their websites properly and do not worry about any internet break issues and down time.
As this company utilizes the quality server and guarantees no overloaded and oversold servers, it is confident to say that it can provide 99.9% uptime. In addition, if the company fails to keep its promise, customers can request their money back. Besides, the company keeps its page loading speed by using its own datacenter, which is well managed with full-time monitoring and climate control. In order to figure out the real situation about its speed, our editors have carried out a performance test. We set up a new website which is hosted by ASPHostDirectory and as a result, its server response time can be really less than one second.
Customers can get their problems solved through various ways. The company offers suport ticket as well as email. All their staffs are experts who have been well trained. Thus, all the customers can get professional advice from them. Usually, this company is able to give quick and responsive answer to any problems. All of these are on-site 24×7 that makes sure customers can get help in any time to solve their problems.
Besides, the support staffs in this company are well-trained and have been worked in this field for at least 5 years, which means that they are able to provide professional and efficient help for troubled customers to deal with issues.
ASPHostDirectory.com Client’s Testimonial
“Thank you for your excellent service
I’ve only been using Asphostdirectory for a short time now but my impression is very good. Although I have many years of software development experience, I’ve also been retired for several years and have done no development in that time. I volunteered to create a website for a public service effort in our local county. I’m strong on software development concepts but weak on coding skills. With VS 2010, ASP.NET v4.0 and SQL Server 2008 R2 I found a set of technologies that would allow me to be very productive with minimal manual coding. A key technology is Entity Framework (EF) combined with MS Data Controls and membership services. I created a prototype site that used all the MS technologies I needed and then tried to find a hosting service that supported these technologies. Of course, claimed support and actual support can be two different things. After some research, I decided to give asphostdirectory a try. ” — Luis Rodriguez
I have used ASPHostDirectory for about 2 years now. The very few times I had to get in touch with them- Transferring my site was easy, email setup a breeze, and best of all there has been NO downtime! Customer service is polite and solved my billing issue promptly. Highly recommended.So thumbs up for customer support. New features are implemented to the Control Panel all the time to keep users updated to the latest option in webhosting.I think is very good value for money.” — Vicente Hernandez
Is ASPHostDirectory Drupal 8.3.6 Hosting Worth Going?
There is no doubt that ASPHostDirectory Drupal 8.3.6 hosting is very competitive and excellent for its unmatched reliability, rich features, and responsive technical support.