As numerous webmasters are wondering about whether ASPHostDirectory is an advisable choice for shared hosting, our editors have done an in-depth review based on its features, price, uptime, page loading speed and customers service. We do believe that when finishing reading, they can have an overall impression about this company and its service. Established in 2008, ASPHostDirectory strives to catch up with some reputable hosting providers. In recent years, it is true that this company has made great progress especially in technology.
- A new File Manager has been added which replaces all three managers in previous versions.
- Create folders
- Upload multiple files
- Delete files and folders
- Copy files new
- Move files from one folder to another new
- Rename files and folders
- Compress multiple files into a .zip file new
- Extract a .zip file into the current directory new
- Download single files and download multiple files as a .zip file  new
- Edit document type files  new
- Preview image files
- Select files/mojoPortal pages to return to the WYSIWYG editor
- Search files in currently viewed folder new
- Change manager view between List and Grid new
Page Manager Pro has been added to the mojoPortal core. Now, everyone can enjoy easier page management with the new Page Manager. Drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to move pages while the enhanced UI makes understanding a site’s hierarchy much simpler, particularly on larger sites. We’re still building the documentation on this feature but it’s really self-explanatory.
Minor Improvements and Changes
- CKEditor 4.6.2 (image2 extension is included by default now) with new moono, moono-dark, and moono-lisa (default) skins.
- Image File Extensions are now configurable using web.config settings.
<add key="ImageFileExtensions" value=".gif|.jpg|.jpeg|.png|.svg" />
- Updated to Colorbox 1.6.4 and changed Colorbox theme configuration. See Important Skin Changes.
- Added “RssFeedLinkFormat” display setting for Blog. See Important Skin Changes.
- Added web.config setting to control showing feed links with https. Defaults to true. Set to false if this causes you problems with a feed reader.
<add key="UseSSLForFeedLinks" value="true" />
- Added Framework as the default skin and removed Artisteer skins. Artisteer is still supported but we recognize that the included Artisteer skins aren’t very pretty so they have been removed from the release.
- Renamed “Page List” and “Add/Edit Pages” to “Page Manager”.
- Removed non-existent local-fs.pubxml file reference from mojoPortal.Web.csproj
- Fixed renaming of files on upload so all files are renamed properly.
- Removed unneeded apple-touch-icon.png from the root of the install. This was causing the mojo dog image to show up on tablets. Skin developers should follow these instructions for adding touch icons to their skins.
- Fixed WebStore FlexCartLink where
IncludeCartTotalWhenZerodid not do anything.
- Fixed WebStore FlexCartLink where ModuleGuid was actually supposed to be StoreGuid. Neither are really needed so we don’t do anything with ModuleGuid on this control anymore.
- Fixed an issue where when you create a new site it wouldn’t copy over folders inside a skin that were more than 1 level deep.
In order to give our readers a clear impression of the company, we have collected some feedbacks from its customers in the real world, and brought out an overall rating as below including the reputation, features, speed, reliability, support, and price:
EXTRA Promo 35% OFF : Best Mojoportal 2.5 Hosting in UK
ASPHostDirectory.com is the best UK Windows Hosting provider that offers the most affordable world class windows hosting solutions for our customers. They provide shared, reseller, cloud, and dedicated web hosting. ASPHostDirectory has 4 shared web hosting packages named Starter, Economy, Developer and Enterprise. The original price of these 2 hosting plans is starting at £2.99/month, £5.99/month, £8.99/month and £16.99/month. In order to help customers to save more money, this company offers a special promo, which reduces the price down to £1.94/month, £3.89/month, £5.84/month and $£11.04/month.
Besides price, money back guarantee is another concern of customers. This company promises a 30-day money back. However, the money paid for domain name registrations, transfers and renewals are not qualified for the refund policy, which poses risks for customers who have subscribed its packages.
The company guarantees 99.9% uptime for all of their hosted websites, which is almost 100% in the real world as we tested. What makes this company achieve such excellent hosting reliability is the utilization of the most robust web servers coming with the world-class specifications instead of some low-quality ones with cheap pricing. Under this circumstance, customers can enjoy running their websites properly and do not worry about any internet break issues and down time.
As this company utilizes the quality server and guarantees no overloaded and oversold servers, it is confident to say that it can provide 99.9% uptime. In addition, if the company fails to keep its promise, customers can request their money back. Besides, the company keeps its page loading speed by using its own datacenter, which is well managed with full-time monitoring and climate control. In order to figure out the real situation about its speed, our editors have carried out a performance test. We set up a new website which is hosted by Site5 and as a result, its server response time can be really less than one second.
Customers can get their problems solved through various ways. The company offers suport ticket as well as email. All their staffs are experts who have been well trained. Thus, all the customers can get professional advice from them. Usually, this company is able to give quick and responsive answer to any problems. All of these are on-site 24×7 that makes sure customers can get help in any time to solve their problems.
Besides, the support staffs in this company are well-trained and have been worked in this field for at least 5 years, which means that they are able to provide professional and efficient help for troubled customers to deal with issues.
ASPHostDirectory.com Client’s Testimonial
“Thank you for your excellent service
I’ve only been using Asphostdirectory for a short time now but my impression is very good. Although I have many years of software development experience, I’ve also been retired for several years and have done no development in that time. I volunteered to create a website for a public service effort in our local county. I’m strong on software development concepts but weak on coding skills. With VS 2010, ASP.NET v4.0 and SQL Server 2008 R2 I found a set of technologies that would allow me to be very productive with minimal manual coding. A key technology is Entity Framework (EF) combined with MS Data Controls and membership services. I created a prototype site that used all the MS technologies I needed and then tried to find a hosting service that supported these technologies. Of course, claimed support and actual support can be two different things. After some research, I decided to give asphostdirectory a try. ” — Luis Rodriguez
I have used ASPHostDirectory for about 2 years now. The very few times I had to get in touch with them- Transferring my site was easy, email setup a breeze, and best of all there has been NO downtime! Customer service is polite and solved my billing issue promptly. Highly recommended.So thumbs up for customer support. New features are implemented to the Control Panel all the time to keep users updated to the latest option in webhosting.I think is very good value for money.” — Vicente Hernandez
Is ASPHostDirectory Mojoportal 2.5 Hosting Worth Going?
There is no doubt that ASPHostDirectory Mojoportal 2.5 hosting is very competitive and excellent for its unmatched reliability, rich features, and responsive technical support.